Here are our prayer requests for January
- My volunteer work as an ambulance driver and rescue technician with the Costa Rican Red Cross qualifies me as a front-line worker. Pray that there are enough Covid vaccines for all front-line workers. If vaccinated I will be travelling to Cucuta, Colombia where I intend to set base for at least one month so I can work with prison ministry and Venezuelan refugees through a local Colombian mission. If things work out in Colombia, I will start a process of affiliation with a Canadian mission organization.
- My son Jonathan will start teaching at Canada Christian College in January, working on both classical and modern worship music. He has been visiting me for the last few weeks, getting some paperwork and medical checkups along the way. Pray as he starts the Canadian accreditation for his degrees obtained in Russia.
- My daughter Andrea is a happy camper: she is married in the Netherlands and is intending to start her master’s degree in health management in September. Thanks for praying for the kids. Needless to say, Pam would be very happy to see that both kids have been successful in their respective educations.
- Juan Carlos, prison ministry, Costa Rica. Currently I am working in preparations to receive a prisoner who has been in prison for 15 years. I am familiar with his court case since I have closely followed his court procedures. I believe he is an innocent man who has been unjustly imprisoned. To prove his innocence, it might involve me travelling to the US to meet with lawyers who work closely with the International Human Rights Commission. Initial contacts with these lawyers have already been initiated and are positive of the outcomes of a tentative trial.
- Prison Ministry, Venezuela. You may be familiar with General U, a military officer who recommitted himself to the Lord after we intervened in the prison uprising. After this, General U was instrumental in the liberation of at least 50 prisoners. Last month he disappeared and we are still unsure of his fate. Pray for him and his family. Pray also for the Venezuelan prison ministry since due to lack of fuel supplies it has become impossible to make pastoral visits. Nonetheless, pastor Jorge and I have been regularly sending devotionals and sermons over the phone.
Puerto Lempira, Honduras. Give thanks, emergency supplies successfully made it to their destination. They were sent from Costa Rica early last month.
Fred and Fely Tanuja:
- Wisdom and strength as we continue to minister to the church, The Family of God Fellowship in Lower Villa Jacinta, Macrohon, Southern Leyte, Philippines.
- For the church to grow spiritually, teachable hearts for its leaders and protection from the enemy.
- Sensitivity on our part for the needs of the church during these difficult economic times.
- For the Lord’s perfect timing for us to return to Canada.
- For protection during this pandemic.
James S. Eagles, President of Intercede International.
- Pray for us that donations will continue well into this new Year.
- Pray also for our future fundraising software choice and a ton of work and finances – our old software cannot be updated and was created in house years ago. It is a very urgent and big decision.
Pastor Hrudaya :
- Each people group has similar strongholds: alcoholism, blind beliefs, and community prejudices dominated by poverty and witchcraft. Pray that all these strongholds will be broken.
- Pray for provision for OFU missionaries as they deal with the effects of the Coronavirus so that this will be a great testimony among each community for the glory of God.
- Pray for God's comfort and encouragement of the family of Rev. Damodar Das, who passed away last September.
- Pray for financial provision for the Women Empowerment Program.
- Pray for OFU’s plan to build the Kuruda Child Development Centre (thousands of dollars needed).
- Pray for God’s protection of OFU missionaries and other local Christian who are facing persecution or had their property destroyed because of flooding.
- Pray for agricultural work to be used as a bridge-building program. We desire to provide buffalos and goats to needy Mankidia families to strengthen their economies.
- Please pray for OFU's needs: a four wheel drive vehicle, motorcycles, bibles and to implement an 18-month training program for their Mobile School Of Evangelism.