Bible-based Trauma Healing Group PC5 (Zoom)
Every Thursday, from 12/07/2023 to 01/18/2024, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
HOW CAN THE WOUNDS OF OUR HEARTS BE HEALED?
An online small group for Bible-based discussion, listening, compassion and healing
A group for sharing and listening
We invite you to join our small group (maximum of 12 people) to bring healing to wounds of the heart—emotions, spirit, soul — from trauma or loss. If you suffer from sadness, exhaustion, anger, feelings of isolation, or unprocessed grief, whatever the source, this small group may be for you. If you have healed from pain in the past and wish to help others dealing with these kinds of pain, the group may be for you as well.
The group is led by facilitators who are trained in Bible- based trauma healing. Together, we will make a safe space for group members to:
- Discover what the Bible says about suffering
- Learn about trauma and its effects
- Explore any trauma or loss you may be carrying or have carried in the past
- Release some of the emotional pain you carry
- Help you get unstuck, reconnected, and ready to move on
- Build resilience for the future
- Learn to help others
About the group model
This healing group uses the proven and time-tested model of the Trauma Healing Institute at American Bible Society. Using applied Scripture and best mental health principles, we can help you address spiritual and emotional wounds.
The group use the book Healing the Wounds of Trauma: How the Church Can Help. It is in use in over 100 countries with more than 194 language groups in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and the Americas. To learn more about the model, the Trauma Healing Institute, and its work in equipping and supporting a global community of workers in trauma care, please visit TraumaHealingInstitute.org.
Purchase of the book not required for participants.
Current workshop offered:
Six session group meeting on Thursdays:
- Starts at 7:00 PM runs until 9 PM except Jan. 18th which will run until 9:30 PM (All times are EST.)
- Starts Dec. 7th
- Hosted by Peoples Church of Montreal - meeting via Zoom
- Registration is now open. Please register by Dec. 5th. Registration is limited to 12 people.
- Meeting dates: Dec. 7,14, 21, & Jan. 4, 11, 18
For more info contact Diane at
Offered in conjunction with Trauma Healing Institute at American Bible Society and Medical Ambassadors International.
Dr. Bibiana Mac Leod and Zuzana Polsvkova will be helping to facilitate the group.
“The Lord is near to those who are discouraged; he saves those who have lost all hope.” Psalm 34:18 (GNT)